The idea of drinking Tea for medicinal purposes originated in China 5000 years ago, making it possibly the oldest hot beverage in history! Because Tea is caffeine-free, it is a much healthier alternative to coffee and has many health benefits too. Herbal tea not only protects our skeletal structure due to the presence Vitamin D, but also decreases the risk of certain kinds of cancer as well as a stroke or heart attack.
One of the leading causes of cancer is free radicals. Because herbal teas are packed with antioxidants, they help neutralizing their harmful effects on the body. Catechins are antioxidants which actively fight free radicals and oxidative stress. Epigallocatechin gallate is another antioxidant which aids in recovery after a heart attack or stroke. Herbal teas also hydrate and combat nausea and infection.
15 Herbal Teas And Their Benefits
• Green Tea: Green tea contains antioxidants known as polyphenols which combat free radicals. It also fights cancer, slows down tumor formation, lowers blood pressure and reduces cholesterol and triglycerides.
• Ginger Tea: Ginger tea acts as a natural anti-inflammatory as well as a natural stimulant. It is great for treating nausea and also proves to be a digestive aid.
• Lemongrass Tea: Lemongrass tea contains citral which aids in digestion when drunk after meals.
• Echinacea Tea: Echinacea contains Polysaccharides which boosts the immune system and fights pain and inflammation.
• Lavender Tea: Lavender helps with so many conditions, such as respiratory complaints, fever or even cuts and wounds.
• Peppermint Tea: Peppermint tea is very soothing and is a great treatment for motion sickness, vomiting as well as pain and fever.
• Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea is a great stress-relief remedy and is loved by insomniacs.
• Milk Thistle Tea: Milk Thistle promotes bile production and healthy liver function.
• Lemon Balm Tea: Lemon Balm tea is also great for insomnia. Not to mention thyroid issues, chronic stress and anxiety.
• Dandelion Tea: Dandelions are crammed with all sorts of great vitamins and minerals. Dandelion Tea reduces fluid retention and can treat arthritis.
• Cinnamon Tea: Is very effective when blended with honey. Cinnamon tea is a great weight loss tool. Cinnamon regulates blood sugar levels.
• Cardamom Tea: Cardamom is great for fighting PMS amongst other pesky conditions.
• Red Clover Tea: Red Clover tea is another great stress reliever, especially for women going through menopause.
• Rooibos Tea: This is the most preferred tea in the world with so many minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It also tastes great tea is one of the world’s favorite herbal tea.
• Nettle Tea: Nettle tea is used to treat anemia and high blood pressure. It also has been known to soothe the pain of arthritis.
As you can see there are several herbal, caffeine-free hot beverages which make great alternatives to coffee. Not only do they taste amazing, they will do amazing things for you!